Tuesday, June 27, 2006

World Cup Round of 16 - Totti's Winner (Italy 1 - Australia 0)

I was really looking forward to this match. Looking forward to see how the adventurous Australians would take on the traditionally defence minded Italians. I was so keen to keep alert during this game that I took a nap before the game started so I would be able to keep my full concentration throughout the game.

Then everything went wrong. For some reason my alarm did not ring. Well, actually it did, but I slept right thru it. Damnit. By the time I woke up and managed to get the feed to the game on my pc, over 90 minutes had gone by. I did however manage to catch the penalty. I missed how it happened, but I didn't miss Totti powering it home to give Italy the slender win.

So, there you have it. Italy won this game by one goal, with one man down. Yawn....I think I'm going back to sleep and wake up to catch the other game.

No comments:

Blog Archive