Monday, June 19, 2006

World Cup Group F - Champions Advance (Brazil 2 - Australia 0)

I'd make this short and sweet mainly cause I'm literally exhausted having spent over 4 hours on a bus around Singapore this afternoon. Moreover sleeping at 6am everyday is taking it's toil.

Brazil wins this one 2-0 in yet another very uninspiring performance. The truth was that Australia looked like the more threatening team the entire game.

Adriano scored in the 50th minute but never looked comfortable with the Australians punting the ball up into the penalty box. It wasn't until the 90th minute that Fred scored the second goal while the Australians were pushing for the equalising goal.

I doubt Brazil will retain the World Cup this time round. Something seems to be lacking in this team.

As for the next match, I don't think I have the energy to stay up to catch the game.

No comments:

Blog Archive