Monday, July 13, 2009

Goodbye Campbell, We Hardly Knew Ye

Somewhere between Ronaldo and Tevez signing for City, we've sold Frazier Campbell to Steve Bruce for a cut price of £3.5 million. That figure could rise to a princely sum of £6 million depending on a myriad of factors.

I'm a little disappointed he didn't leave for Hull. For awhile it seemed that Hull could have offered more. I suppose we should be glad for the lad to find a home. It was painfully obvious that he's not at the level we want him to be.

Despite the fact he's not really been given a fair enough chance at Old Trafford, I've not been impressed with his style of play in the recent Under 19s European Championship. I certainly wasn't impressed with his short stay with Spurs and definitely underwhelmed when he played for us in the beginning of the season. The only time he actually looked like a player was when he played for Hull the season before. It was a different time at a different level altogether.

With the arrival of Owen, and the development of two young bucks in Welback and Macheda, Campbell has become surplus to requirements. It gives me the greatest of pleasures when a young player rises the ranks, but in this case, it's the best scenerio for him to leave.

Manucho
Speaking of strikers, anyone knows what's going on with Manucho? He's wowed me in the Africa's Cup of Nations and has literally disappeared from the face of the earth. I know he's had a short time in Greece and practically wasted half a year with Hull. I'm looking forward to see how he's developed, if at all.

I'm sure Rooney and Berbatov would spearhead our attack next season, with Owen close behind. And two young bucks waiting in the wings for their chance to shine.

Eto'O
I don't like entertaining rumours, but am growing uneasy on this whole Eto'O deal. He's probably leaving Barcelona and City has already pulled out from the chase for his signature. All indicators seem to point this way. I personally hope the rumours remain as that....rumours. I'll just say outright that I'm not an Eto'O fan and it's going to take a whole load of convincing if he does arrive.

Moreover I'd rather we spend the money on a midfielder. As it stands, Fletcher alone isn't enough.

No comments:

Blog Archive