Thursday, July 09, 2009

United Seals Obertan Signature

Who?

Exactly. I'm about as clueless as you guys out there. I've never seen him play.

Given his age, 20, I suspect he's one for the future.

Thankfully we didn't fork out a bomb for him. We spent £3million instead of the £10-8 million the media reported would we spend. As far as I'm concerned, it would probably be quite awhile before we even see him in the first team. At 20, he's not exactly old, but if he can't even feature in Bordeaux's first team, how the hell is he going to fit in with us?

I suppose we can only hope he improves well in the near future to justify the risk we took on him. On the bright side, it's not really an expensive risk for a club of our size. Maybe in a couple of years, he might progress enough to take over from Carrick. We can only dream.

No comments:

Blog Archive