Saturday, July 28, 2007

Heinze Sets Up Date With Infamy

Looks like it's official. Heinze has set his lawyers loose and is trying ways and means to force a move to Liverpool at the risk of alienating an entire fanbase. Come to think of it, it doesn't really matter right now. The fanbase has been alienated.

Even if it doesn't go thru and he remains at United, I would never ever want to see him in a United jersey again. I don't really care how well he plays or how he endears himself to the club. To me, he has gone further down that slippery road than Rio. Some sins are forgivable, some are not.

There are a few things in English football that you never ever initiate. One of which is to do a Sol Campbell, move from Spurs to Arsenal. The other which will bring this amount of hatred is to move between United and Liverpool. I'd be really disappointed with Fergie if he selects Heinze for the first team ever.

If I were the club, I'd let him go. I don't particularly care about him anymore. Let him be Liverpool's problem. I'd be surprised if the Liverpool fans even want this problem child on their hands. I'd gladly switch my allegiance to Evra, or even Silves. While they may not be world beaters, at least they know not to upset the apple cart.

Which brings me to the point out that Liverpool will never be a threat to the Premiership title, now or ever with Benitez at the helm. A manager that has absolutely no sense of tradition has no place in history. To go after a second-rated Heinze is testament how far down the ladder Liverpool has come since the glorious 80s. Heinze was a world class left back when he first joined United, but he's never been the same since his knee injury.

I'll reinterate again, I don't really care what Heinze does or goes from now on. The fact that he initiated a move is enough of a betrayal for me. Fuck you, Heinze.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In general, I share your sentiments. He should never play for Man Utd again.

If this Heinze-gate thing goes south, it might affect Tevez wanting to come over. It was reported that one of the biggest pull factors was Heinze selling Man Utd to Tevez.

spectre said...

Tevez seems to be a man of principle from his interviews with West Ham. He stuck thru the thin days with West Ham and I doubt he's the trouble-maker Heinze is, unless they share the same dodgy agent.

Heinze, on the other hand, disgusts me. I hope he leaves the club for his own good. I can imagine guys like Neville and Rooney taking a swipe at him during practise. And he fully deserves it. Fucking Judas!

Unknown said...

It's honestly shocking to me. Do players not understand anything about the history of the club they join?

Does he not care about the fact that he is, sorry, was, a fan's favourite?

What I can't understand in all this is what United have done wrong for him to want a transfer? Sure he isn't actually first choice at the moment, but if he performed at 2005 level then he would displace Evra easily.

Liverpool are welcome to him. Maybe they won't feel so good when he engineers a transfer to Everton in a few years time.

Anonymous said...

Aren't we abit overly hasty in our condemnations? In a previous post you mentioned that you'd not believe unless you saw a quote from Heinze and there hasn't been one. This could all very well be the agent behind the scenes.

spectre said...

Hi Paul, I'm disappointed, shocked, disgusted and, frankly, feeling betrayed by Heinze's actions.

I can understand him wanting to leave and all, but to Liverpool? Hell, I wouldn't be so pissed it he was going to Chelsea or even Shitty. Judas!

______

Hi Anonymous,
I've always been generous to Heinze, giving him the benefit of the doubt. But when the lawyers start giving statements and suggestions, there is more that meets the eye.

When agents come forth and give statements, you know its mostly for personal gain. But when lawyers do that, they legally represent their client. I don't for a moment think that a lawyer of repute would risk tarnishing their good name by misrepresenting their client. There is no doubt that the direction taken by the lawyer comes from none other than Judas himself.

Blog Archive