Saturday, July 21, 2007

Seoul Easy (FC Seoul 0 - Manchester United 4)

Managed to catch this game via a stream from a Hong Kong channel. Since it was mainly in Cantonese, I had trouble making out who played, who didn't and who got substituted. In any case it was a good game against an easy opponent. From my poor grasp of Cantonese, FC Seoul fielded a host of their own youngsters in the game against our star-studded players.

The goals were scored by Ronaldo (6'), Eagles (19'), Rooney (21') and Evra (61'). Rooney and Ronaldo combined well when they played in the first half and FC Seoul had all sorts of problems coping with their pace, power and passing. The best goal was probably scored by Eagles, coolly passing the ball into the net beyond the keeper. Have to say Eagles impressed me alot with his level of passing and willingness to run.

Evra was particularly impressive as well. He primarily played on the left wing so there wasn't much defending to do, which is a good thing. Maybe Fergie is converting him into a winger (we should be so lucky).

Vidic, as usual, was a rock in defence. Phil Bardsley and Danny Simpson were given runs at right back and both did pretty well. Silves was a mess at left back.

And I have no idea who played in the centre of the park in the first half, before Scholes and Giggs came on. I honestly haven't a clue. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mr Invisible, Michael Carrick. Oh and I mean that in a nice way....I really do.

No comments:

Blog Archive