Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Youth In Finals

As mentioned in my typo-ridden last post (didn't have time to proof read), we fought back and made it to the FA Youth Cup finals. Here's a couple of match reports:

United Beats Arsenal
Comeback Kids in Final

In other news:

Reds Warn Ronaldo Suitors - I'm going to have to agree with Bobby Charlton on this. It's getting abit outta hand, and very tedious to live with. Everytime one of the Spanish giants has an election, the same shit gets splattered around. I'm sure the Arsenal fans are sick of it as well, having Henry linked with all the crap last season. I'm sure a large part of it has to do with the xenophobic English media as well.

McCarthys Plea - If he's willing to take a backseat I'd be glad to welcome him with open arms. I've always loved having players who bleed Red. Reminds me of guys like Djemba Djemba and Quinton Fortune, who were boyhood United fans. That being said, Djemba Djemba was actually pretty crap whenever he donned a United jersery, but I always tended to give him a free pass. Love and passion for the club is something that cannot be bought.

Just to add on to this article, Gary Bailey (ex-United keeper in the early 80s) probably played a large part in the huge following of United in South Africa....well actually the EPL to be exact.

Villa Dreams of Final With United - He's being linked heavily to Chelsea and I'm sure he's not winning over many fans by saying the things he said. Strangely enough I was talking to Ly last Monday, and he mentioned catching a Champions League review and David Villa was being featured. In the interview he was gushing over United's level of play this season. Sounds like someone who knows what he's talking about....ahem....;o)

No comments:

Blog Archive