Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Beat Roma

I have no love for Italian soccer even though their national team happens to be one of my favourites, along with the Dutch and Argentina. Then again, I usually bore no insane hatred towards their style of soccer in their domestic league, even though it usually bores my socks off. However this article in the Sun happens to rub me the wrong way. I'm sure it's creative journalism from a well known tabloid, and should be taken with a healthy pinch of salt, but nonetheless, I hope we stick it to Totti anyway. Beat Roma!

In other news:

Vidic Has Broken Collarbone
- Nothing new here, just a confirmation he broke his collarbone and out for 4-5 weeks.

Saha Aims to 'Finish the Job' - Good to know Saha's returning to fitness. I like Saha, I really do, but given the fact he's always been injury-prone, I think we should really be shopping for a strike in the summer....ahem Carlos Tevez anyone?

Just for Laughs:

Title At Shitty? - A case of counting our chickens, but if we do indeed win it at the City of Manchester Stadium, wouldn't that just be great? Somehow City of Manchester Stadium doesn't resonate as well as Maine Road.

Blatter Get's Third Term - Yes, we're in for another rough ride with silly comments from the top honcho of world football.

FA Youth Cup
Last but not least, we beat Arsenal in the youth cup semis. Arsenal were by far the better team, but our team showed plenty of grit and determination to claw our way back to level the score and bring the game into extra time. And with penalties looming, we beat a much superior Arsenal team to face Liverpool in the finals. I can't say I'm more than pleasently surprised, having given up on them based on what I've seen of them this season.

No comments:

Blog Archive