Saturday, April 07, 2007

Why Late Kickoffs Scare Me

As for tonight's game, I don't really have a good feeling about it. I've just checked the achives and all the games which we've dropped points have come from late kickoffs.

1-0 Loss to Arsenal on 17th Sept (Sun) 1600 kickoff
1-1 Draw to Reading on 23rd Sept (Sat) 1715 kickoff
1-1 Draw to Chelsea on 26th Nov (Sun) 1600 kickoff
1-0 Loss to West Ham on 17th Dec (Sun) 1600 kickoff
2-2 Draw to Newcastle on 1st Jan (Mon) 1715 kickoff (New Years Day)
2-1 Loss to Arsenal on 21st Jan (Sun) 1600 kickoff

As you can see, every single one of those 6 games which we have dropped points this season has come from late kickoffs. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, since I didn't check the time of every single fixture. We could've pulled off some wins from late kickoffs, but given the damning statistics, I'm not too sure about tonight's games. FWIW, I'm keeping my fingers crossed tonight when I'm at Cow's place watching the game.

No comments:

Blog Archive