Friday, March 23, 2007

Reserves : Manchester United 1 - Everton 0

Quite frankly, I don't know why I bothered to even stay up to watch this game. I'm not too sure why I bother with the reserve games at all. I've caught the last couple of reserve games as well and quite honestly I don't think we're going to promote anyone from the youth squads for sometime.

To be fair, half the actual reserve squad has been out on loan, so we're playing mostly the under-18s. Still the quality just isn't there. Last week we got burnt 3-0 by a pretty strong Sheffield United side. Today we edged out a strong Everton side 1-0. With the exception of Chris Eagles, who is already in the first team, no one stood out.

You can understand the frustration Brian McClair feels running the academy. I got this link in my mail yesterday and found it to be a bloody good read. It's from a source I seldom visit, The Herald (Scotland). It's recommended reading.

No comments:

Blog Archive