Friday, August 25, 2006

Looking Optimistic

We got Celtic, Befica and Copenhagen. I don't think I can ask for better set of teams to play. We should beat all three teams.

The 'Battle of Britain' should a tough one based on the rivalries of the fans, but we should be able to handle the battle that goes on on the pitch. Remember, we beat Celtic in the pre-season, so psychologically, we should have the edge.

Benfica could be a tough one, since we faced them last year without producing much. This should also be interesting to see how badly the team wants to make amends for last year.

And lastly we have the mighty conquerers of Ajax. The last time we convincingly beat a Danish team in the Champions League, we won it. Hopefully we are able to put on our A game and beat them convincingly.

I'm pretty sure, barring any unforeseen occurances, we should proceed easily into the next round. Of course I said the same last year and look what happened.

Elsewhere, it's interesting to note that Chelsea is paired up with holders, Barcelona in Group A. And Liverpool has a couple of tough teams in PSV and a horrible away game in Turkey against Galasataray. That should keep both our rivals busy with Champions League preparations and ease up on the EPL. This could turn out to be a good season for us afterall.

And to top things off, looks like Tevez is making a nuisance of himself at Corinthains. Rumours are that we're interested. Frankly, I'm a huge...and I mean HUGE Tevez fan. If he does come over to United, I'd be ecstatic. I've watched him play in the Copa a couple of years back and have fallen headover heels. I know many quarters find him too similar to Rooney, but if I had things my way, I'd have 11 Rooneys on the pitch at anytime. So let's hope for the best here, it is afterall a rumour.

No comments:

Blog Archive