Monday, May 14, 2012

Shitty Did A United On Us

Sunderland 0 - Manchester United 1
Scorer
Manchester United: Rooney (20)


Team: De Gea, Rio, Evans, Jones, Evra, Scholes, Carrick, Young (Nani 82), Valencia, Giggs, Rooney

Just how crazy was last night? Was switching between games and it was going to and fro, just like the whole title chase. We went up, they went up, then they went down, only to win it the way we did against Bayern Munich in 99 with 2 crazy goals in injury time.

Before the games started, I had already conceded the title, as most United fans would probably have, but to lose it the way we did, my word, just how painful was that? Prevously I could only sympathise with the Munich fans, but after what happened, I can truly say I empathise with them. We share a certain bond that can only be shared by losers.

I suppose I really should be proud that the lads held up their part of the bargain by winning yesterday's game despite the odds. They pushed Shitty to the limit. The same can't be said about Mark Hughes' side. After word filtered to the players that Stoke had relegated Bolton, the last 5 minutes was dysmal. And it was that last 5 minutes that sealed title for Shitty.

But after a day of milling around and mulling over what could have been, I suppose it's time to look forward to the next season. By not winning the title and exiting the Champions League early, it looks unlikely that we would have a substantial warchest going forward. Already the rumoured players coming in look and sound like rubbish. Well, they aren't exactly terrible per se, but definitely not the sexy buys we're expecting.

It looks like a club like ours, saddled in debt, can only be reduced to buying potential and searching for the next Ronaldo to fall on our laps. Unfortunately, the chances of unearthing a 'Bebe' seems a more likely the norm.

The only hope is that our young players can learn from the experience and mature quickly enough for a rebound season. All in all, we certainly over-achieved here this season. The league looks a tougher place.

Hey, at least on the bright side, we're still in a much better position than Liverpool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, I look forward to your season report card.

Jiahao (if you still rmb!)

spectre said...

Yo Jiahao, it's been quite a while! Good to hear from you again, hope everything's good.

I hope to do a report card this season, but am getting my hands on Diablo 3 later in the day. It should take most of my spare time away. However, I'm looking forward to doing the season report card. So many things to say and so little time.

Anonymous said...

All is good, I have been following your blog since I've stopped penning mine all this while. Hope all's good for you too. And yeah, I will be looking forward to your season report card and perhaps you may wanna share which players you find most probable to join the ranks next season? Would be interested to hear your opinions. Thanks man!

Jiahao

Blog Archive