Monday, May 21, 2007

Fleeced Again! Hargreaves Done Deal

So what's new? We got fleeced yet again in the transfer market. Ever since Martin Edwards stepped down, this has become an almost annual affair, paying ridiculously inflated prices for mediocre players.

Anyway according to reports flooding the English press, Bayern Munich is laughing to the tune of £17.5m after agreeing to sell Hargreaves to United.

I admit I've not watched many games Hargreaves has played in, but I've not been impressed whenever I did catch him. I don't particularly dislike him, it's just that the price tag is ridiculous. It we purchased him for £7.5m, I would be a happy camper. The silverlining is that his wages are rumoured to be in the £60,000 range, quite reasonable.

Anyway it seems like a done deal, so we've just got to live with it. Looking on the bright side, if Hargreaves doesn't perform, or live up to his price tag ala Carrick, it's going to be another fun season blogging.

No comments:

Blog Archive