Thursday, May 24, 2007

Boston Celtics and a New Layout

Boston Celtics
I had set my mind on writing a report card for our players, but the past 24hrs have been really hard to get thru. The NBA team (Boston Celtics) which I've been following closely for the past 20 years just got screwed royally in the draft lottery yet again. We entered the draft lottery with the second best odds on getting a top two pick, but somehow came out with the worst possible outcome of the 5th pick.

It seems that since the Bird, McHale, Parish era, it's been a rapid downhill trend into the NBA wastelands. The deaths of Lens Bias and Reggis Lewis at their prime, missing out on the Tim Duncan sweepstakes in 97 and now missing out Greg Oden and Kevin Durant. After 20 years of wondering in the wilderness of the NBA, this draft would have been our best chance to become a relevant/respected team again. Unfortunately, the basketball gods deserted us once again. It's truely painful and depressing.

Bill Simmons sums up my feelings best. Truely a sad sad day in Celtic Nation.

New Layout
As you may have already noticed by now the blog layout is undergoing some major overhaul. I'm screwing around with the codes and will continue to screw around until the EPL season starts, or until I find something that I like.

No comments:

Blog Archive