Sunday, September 24, 2006

Normal Service Has Been Resumed (Reading 1 - Manchester United 1)

Before I go into this entry/bitching session proper, I would just like to say I'd be boycotting Ghim Moh Road block 10 kopitiam's drink store. I was watching the game with Kentona, and the bloody motherless son of a goat who calls himself the owner switched off the tele with a fucking 5 minutes left to play. I sincerely pray to the football gods to hear my pleas and bestow upon him genital herpes or anything similar. May he never have a proper fuck, ever again.

Now that I've placed the curse of a thousand unsatisfied fucks, I'm ready to go into today's game proper.

This is so typical of Manchester United. When everyone (talking bout last season's top 4) picks up points and scores easy victories, we would screw up. We've been doing this party trick so often, that it's no longer funny nor novel. Everytime we play a later game when our rivals have already won, we tend to fuck it up for some inexplicable reason.

Kentona and I went to block 10 in Ghim Moh to catch the game. We missed the lineups as the TV was showing the City - West Ham game instead. By the time the channels were switched, the game had already started and we were left guessing who started for us. Of course it didn't help that we had all sorts of trouble identifying our own players coz the screen was pretty far away and the commentary was off. In fact for most parts of the game, we were left wondering why Saha looked so lacklustre and why our 18 million pound man was left on the bench again.

It wasn't until in the middle of the second half that we realised that Carrick had started for us and Saha was sitting on the bench! To say we were both totally stumped would be an understatement! Fucking Carrick was completely invisible for almost 65 minutes into the game! We fucking spent 18 million pounds for this piece of Houdini act!

And speaking of shit, Richardson was shit. I've been rather tolerant of him ever since he rejected WBA and announced that he wanted to fight for his place in the squad. But today's gotta be the last straw. He's simply NOT good enough......by a long long long shot. We are so poor whenever he plays, giving away possession or making stray passes. It doesn't help that he gave the Ronaldo crap of last season.

Speaking of Ronaldo, he looks like he's completely matured after the Word Cup. He's been a model citizen and has been one of the few players who has really played his heart out for the team the entire season. No whining, no diving, no nonsense. Just pure class all around.

As for the game itself, there's really not much to say. We were poor. In fact we were awful until Saha and Ole came on in the 70th minute. Well....actually we were still awful after they came on.

In the end it was probably a lucky result for us. With the tactics we used today, we didn't even deserve a point. We did have more clear cut chances but on the whole Reading gave a really good account of themselves. They are a honest hardworking team, very much like Wigan last season.

Lastly I would just like to add that Ferguson has completely lost it. Tactically we were naive. We have a fully fit Saha and we put him on the bench. We played a semi-fit Rooney up front on his own. Hasn't the England World Cup experiment been disastrous enough? If an armchair critic like myself can see the obvious, why can't an old fool like Ferguson see it? I wish he would stop playing people out of position and start playing them where they play best at.

I personally don't like the Glazers but if they do what's right and remove Ferguson (together with his cancerous appendix Carlos Queiroz) before he ruins the club any further, I might....might just find it in my heart to accept them as owners. I don't care if we never win another trophy in my lifetime again, but I hope to see someone steeped in our tradition and lore take over as manager. Someone like Sparky, or maybe even Keano, but I know I'm asking for too much from the Americans. The only thing they know and care about is the £.

No comments:

Blog Archive