Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ugly (Wigan 1 - Manchester United 2)

It was an ugly win, and probably one we hardly deserved. Come to think of it, we've hardly deserved quite a number of past few wins with our pathetic displays since I started this blog.

Once again there was no midfield. This is becoming a common theme and quite frankly I'm getting really sick of it. I'm sure it's going to be a continuing trend until the new season starts. At the same time, I'm kinda dreading the new season and fearful of the midfielders we're rumoured to bring in. I'm having flashbacks of Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba all over again!

We won this game in the most cruel manner. A last minute own goal from my man-of-the-match, Pascal Chimbonda. After a good display keeping Park and Giggs out of the game, he scored an own goal right at the death. It was a result Wigan hardly deserved, especially after they totally dominated the entire game.

I'm also terribly disappointed with the team today. We played with no desire or passion. Only Giggs actually played like he wanted to win. Everyone else played like the result was a given, they were practically sleepwalking for almost the entire 90 mins.

Tactically, we seem out of ideas. We can't seem to adjust our play and kept trying to play down the middle like we still had midfielders. I'm beginning to think either we have really stupid players who can't adjust or we have a really stupid manager who is tactically clueless. I think we have a game at Stamford Bridge in April and I'm pretty sure Chelsea's going to not only outplay us, but hopefully humilate us so badly that Ferguson retires. My only worry is that Carlos Queiroz is handed the job. Talk bout outta the frying pan and into the fire!

Next week we face an in-form Newcastle. I really hope we play to win this game. If there's one team I really hate, it's the barcodes. Any team that quits on their manager doesn't deserve to be called a team.

No comments:

Blog Archive