Saturday, February 18, 2006

Smith

Liverpool broke an 85 year jinx and beat us 1-0 in the FA Cup, while we played like shit. We had no midfield. No support for the front players. In truth Liverpool were the better team. But at the end of the day it all didn't matter....Smith broke his ankle.

I couldn't tell how bad the injury was from the looks of horror in Ruud's face when he saw it and the urgency of Neville and EVD to get the medic on the pitch said it all. It looked bad. In fact it looked terrible.

I was with the guys, namely, Cow, Matt and God at Queens watching the game and had to turn away the moment I saw Ruud's expression. I knew it was horrible. Probably one of the worst any present day Manchester United player has seen. It reminded me of a certain Conventry player named Dave Busst who broke his leg almost 10 years ago at OT. This time there wasn't blood on the pitch, but the time the medics took Smith off the pitch tells the story.

I've never been an admirer of Smith in the centre of midfield, but I sincerely feel sorry for him. Smith is a soldier who gives his all when he's on the pitch. He's a fighter, the same can't be said for alot of his current teammates. Best wishes on your recovery, Smith. Your fighting spirit will be missed.

I just hope his injury is not as bad as it seems. I feel gutted and quite frankly shaken from the looks on the players faces when they saw the injury.

And excuse me while I go vomit my guts out......

No comments:

Blog Archive