Friday, March 16, 2012

Bilbao Gives United A Lesson In Football

Athletic Bilbao 2 - Manchester United 1
Scorers
Athletic Bilbao: Llorente (23), Oscar (65)
Manchester United: Rooney (80)

Team: De Gea, Rio (Smalling 63), Evans, Rafael, Evra, Carrick (Pogba 63), Cleverley, Giggs (Welbeck 67), Park, Young, Rooney

It's heaven and earth in terms of technical skills, and irregardless of which measuring system you used, the teams were just miles apart. Right from the kickoff, we were ran off the pitch. I don't think anyone on our team would even start for them, that's just far apart the gulf in talent is.

They were just tearing us apart at will. If they were any more clinical, it would be a cricket score. And that's the English champions against a team that is at 7th place in La Liga. Maybe it's just as well we're out of the Champions League. I shudder to think what the eventual scoreline would be if we faced a Barcelona or Real Madrid.

I don't think there is anymore to add. I don't think there is anymore I CAN add, so pardon me while I go lie down.

Oh yah, Rooney scored a consolation scoorcher.

No comments:

Blog Archive