Sunday, October 31, 2010

Manchester United 2 - Tottenham 0

Scorers
Manchester United: Vidic (30), Nani (84)

Team: Rio, Vidic, Rafael (Brown 64), Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Nani, Berbatov (Scholes 64), Hernandez (Obertan 87)

Not at all a good game yet again, but what's important is that we kept pace with Chelsea and even more importantly, we kept a clean sheet. It's been a while we actually prevented someone from scoring.

The match however would be remembered for Nani's ungentlemanly goal near the end of regulation time. I was watching with absolutely no commentary, hence am still clueless at this stage how the hell the goal stood.

It happened like this, Nani fell in the penalty area, used his hands to handle the ball thinking he earned a penalty. The referee said otherwise. In this instance I thought a freekick was awarded to Spurs. Yet when Gomes placed the ball, Nani took a swipe and scored. From where I was watching, it really shouldn't have been a goal, however the referee Mark Clattenburg consulted his linesman and awarded a cruel goal to end all of Spurs resistance.

While I think Nani wasn't really at fault, his celebrations for such a controversial goal leaves plenty to be desired. I suppose it shows his true nature. Whatever the case is, I kinda feel sorry for Spurs, but luckily for us, we were already one up at that late stage in the game and the goal would have matter little in the final analysis.

My computer has crashed and I'll be taking a break from blogging until I get a new one. I'm currently using a friend's laptop to work on and it's a pain to type full sentences without the screen jumping off to another page.

No comments:

Blog Archive