Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rooney Four The Win

Manchester United 4 - Hull City 0
Scorer
Manchester United: Rooney (8, 82, 86, 90)

Team: Van der Sar, Rio, Evans, Rafael, Evra (Fabio 88), Scholes (Gibson 72), Fletcher, Park, Nani, Rooney, Owen (Berbatov 72)


Rooney smashed 4 past Hull to send United back to the summit.

I'm going to try to make this a short one here. Abit under the weather and actually missed the first goal. Luckily I set my alarm to ring on 2 minute intervals, if not I probably would have slept right thru the game.

Rooney showed impeccable form in front of goal, scoring on early in the game and another 3 as the game was ending. But the true star today must be Nani. Some of Nani's play today reminded me of another Portugese who recently left. Playing him on the right seems to have unleashed his portential. The only problem now is that Valencia can only play on the right as well. I suppose it's a good problem to have on our hands and a headache Ferguson has to face.

Marring the win was an incident on the pitch that leaves a sour taste in the mouth. 'Cheapshot' Rio apparently swung and connected a punch on Fagan. From the replays, it looked delibrate and a low blow. I hope the FA takes a long serious look at it, even if it means Rio gets a lengthy suspension. As much as I love the team, I draw the line at cheapshots and classless individuals, especially when you're winning.

2 comments:

Jiahao said...

I missed the match due to some CNY shopping, but I heard about Rooney and Nani's brilliance in the game.

Agree with you on the last, I rather have him suspended than being low class.

spectre said...

Wow, you started your CNY shopping early. Haven't done anything yet. Better get my ass off the computer and start on my spring cleaning, it's going to be a killer.

You missed a brilliant performance by Nani. Just last week I thought he played himself off the team, but this game proves that Ferguson has completely lost it. Played on the right, Nani has proven himself to be a star when played in the correct position. If I recall, he's consistantly done well on the right.

Blog Archive