Monday, November 02, 2009

My Helloween Nightmare

Manchester United 2 - Blackburn 0
Scorers
Manchester United: Berbatov (55), Rooney (87)

Team: Van der Sar, Evans, Brown, O'Shea, Carrick, Anderson, Nani (Obertan 64), Valencia, Berbatov (Owen 79), Rooney


Talk about being screwed by daylights saving. Time was pushed back one hour and together with a late kickoff made watching this game really difficult on many levels. It was shown at 1.30am over here and cumulated with an exceedingly dull first half, conspired to put me to sleep before the half time whistle even blew.

I had initially thought that I could torrent the second half and at least put some perspective and respectability to this review. I resisted the urge to read any reports or even talk football with my friends over the weekend so as not to spoil my enjoyment. But the torrent never came thru. I ended up getting to watch only the highlights and two exquisite goals by Berbatov and Rooney to sew up the 3 points for us.

There's really not much to add, except we started from where we left off last week against Pool. Piss poor and with a huge lack of urgency in our play. It got better towards the end of the first but by that time I was already dozing off.

No comments:

Blog Archive