Thursday, March 05, 2009

Fuck It, We're Champions

Newcastle 1 - Manchester United 2
Scorers
Newcastle: Lovenkrands (9)
Manchester United: Rooney (20), Berbatov (56)

Team: Van der Sar, Rio, Vidic, O'Shea, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Ronaldo, Berbatov (Giggs 90), Rooney


It never sprung so true, but it never rains......it pours. I've just endured the most financially wrecking week of my entire life. Due to that scrotum-faced excuse of pathetic crap ex-commander-in-chief's utterly incompetence while holding the helm, I suffered a huge financial loss when a company I was fully vested in went into administration. And that's only the part when it rains.

Here's where it pours. I've been constantly taking on United to win 2-1 away since the end of last year, betting on the expectation that it's been almost a full 2 years since we've had that particular result in the Premiership. At a whooping odds of 9 to 1, I've been martingaling it for the last couple of games. So with tonight's result, I should've been walking away with a mini fortune. Like I mentioned, it fucking pours. Just before the game started, I realised that due to all the shit I've been dealing with, I completely forgot to deposit money into my bookmaker to place the wager! It's unreal how the best made plans can go awry.

As for the damn game, we were completely crap and yet came away with 3 points. It only goes to show just how bad the Premier League is.

We have no killer-instinct and can't seem to kill off games, yet we remain heads above every one of those pretenders below us with a game in hand to boot. With only 11 games left, the title is as good as ours. We have to freaking lose 4 of those 11 to throw it all away, and that is if the rest of the rubbish win all theirs.

Champions! Book it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D


... do you think they will find a bit killer instinct for Internazionale!



I'm pretty nervous! A.

spectre said...

I have no doubts we'd beat Inter. Italian teams are shite this year. They have been shite for a few years now.

That said, I don't think we have the mental guts to win the Champions League this year. We're wasting too many chances and unless that changes, I do think we're going to get dumped either in the next round or the semis.

I'd really happy to eat some crow, but the way I see it, we'd just have to make do with the domestic treble.

Blog Archive