Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Conclusive Proof That Idiots Exists

Just read that Ronaldo won the Ballon dÓr trophy. Seriously was there any doubt after what he did last season? What really irked me was that he only garnered top choice for 77 out of the 96 assholes who voted.

My maths tells me that there were actually 19 idiots who didn't put him on the top of their list. Seriously, these bunch are supposedly the top sports journalists and they picked someone else. I think this only conclusively proves that sports journalists are nothing more than nincompoops who can write. And I should know since I know my fare share of local sports journalists.

But this is not my rant, although I love to have a dig at nincompoops with pens. This win for Ronaldo feels like a phyrric victory. Sure we have bragging rights of having the best player in the world, but just how long is that going to last. From everything that has happened in the past 6 months, I'm pretty sure he's on his way to Real Madrid, especially now that he's finally won all.

His body language this season is terrible. And he's gone back to that pouty and sulky boy 3 seasons ago. He's just making it hard to support him. Again that is not the point here.

The main point is that we need him more than he needs us. We are a terribly team without him. For the wealth of talent we possess, we're just not producing the results. The future may look bright with promising youngsters coming thru the ranks, but none of them boosts of a potential world-beater. I actually worry for the team when he eventually leaves.

No comments:

Blog Archive