Sunday, October 05, 2008

Awful Blackburn Escapes Spanking

Blackburn 0 - Manchester United 2
Scorers
Manchester United: Brown (30), Rooney (62)

Team: Van der Sar, Rio, Vidic, Brown, Evra (O'Shea 71), Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs (Tevez 66), Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney (Park 78)


I'll probably go short tonight since I can hardly keep my eyes open. That's the problem with late kickoffs, it ends at about 2.30 am over here in Singapore.

The game came as a bit of a surprise to me. The result was probably expected, since we've been playing better lately, coupled with the scoring form of Rooney. But what surprised me is just how meek Blackburn were today. I don't know what Ince did to the Blackburn of the past, today it was like wolves playing against lambs. They simply couldn't cope with our pace and power, and for a good period of the game, couldn't even find a way out of their own half. It's shocking to see Blackburn play so poorly at Ewood.

United took the lead with an unlikely scorer, Brown, in the first half. There was a suspicion of a foul leading up to the goal, but it stood despite the vivid protestations of the Blackburn players. I don't really why they even bothered. If they had spent the same amount of energy on the game, they wouldn't have conceded.

In a classic United counter attack, Rooney added a stunning second in the second period of the game. We could have punished Blackburn further but good goalkeeping and the woodwork kept the score low.

It's a pity it's the international break next week, just when we're finding form. Our football in the past week has been pretty good, but there is still plenty of room for improvement. We're getting there slowly.

11 comments:

carlyluvsunited said...

I watched the highlights and I don't think it was so much Blackburn being meek and very quiet and lethargic. It was more a case of United are finally getting into their stride !!

If this is them just warming up then God help the teams we come up against from now on, lmao.

Glory Glory Man Utd !

Wanna exchange links while I'm here ?

Get back to me x

spectre said...

Hi Carly,

Blackburn lost all their competitiveness after they lost Santa Cruz. They were absolutely rubbish, hardly the Blackburn we knew from the past few seasons. Maybe we coped better in the rain as well.

titurwelltera said...

Hi spectre, long ago, that I have read your blogg. I've lost it, while I reinstalled my lap. But now I tried to fin you and here I'm. I'm now in Manchester and I've been on the match. My first away game ;-) cheers Antonia

Anonymous said...

... and by the way, do you know the board Unitedlounge.com? I'm there, too. May be you like to join us! Antonia

spectre said...

Hi Antonia,

It's been a long time since we last corresponded. Hope everything is well with you and glad to know you've made your way to a live game.

I'm going to give the forum a miss. Plus it requires you to sign up to read the postings. Too much work for me. ;o) As it stands, I'm already taking up too much time updating this blog.

BTW, I remember you used to have a blog about United in German. Is it still around? I can't seem to locate it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Hi spectre, I tried it, but as you said,too much time :P. But I love yours! Thanks for the work so far :-)

I´m here in Manchester to finish my PHD, or even coming forward with it. Let´s see if it works, many of my friends think it is a mad idea, to come here - and I´ve been to all matches so far. lol Have you been in OT?

cheers, Antonia

Anonymous said...

... if you like I can post some pics here, but i´m not sure, how it works ... do you know?

spectre said...

You lucky !@#. I haven't had the chance to visit Europe, let alone Manchester. I'll make it a point to visit my own version of the holy lands before I meet my maker.

I haven't a clue how to post pictures in the comments section. I'm a certified 'html dummy'.

But here's what you can do:
You can upload it to an online photo album and pass along the url. I'll make sure my readers (all 3 of them) get a chance to visit the pics.

Anonymous said...

Grhh, I tried to post something, but it didn't works.

So again: tried to put a link here, now I test another one, ...


http://picasaweb.google.com/AntoniaUtd/DieSpiele?authkey=Hxv1jBbhIJs#

Anonymous said...

So, now, as it has worked, I send you some greatings from Manchester and let's hope, that we have a nice match on Saturday, I can't wait, as many I suppose! And Rooney is in the right mood.

cheers

spectre said...

Hi Antonia,

Got your pictures. Awesome stuff. I'll plaster a link before I write the next review for everyone to see.

I'm looking forward to see Rooney grab a hat-trick tomorrow!

Blog Archive