Sunday, March 02, 2008

United Cuts Lead To One Point

Fulham 0 - Manchester United 3
Scorers
Manchester United : Hargreaves (15), Park (44), Davies (og 72)

Team : Van der Sar, Evra, O'Shea, Rio, Brown, Scholes, Hargreaves, Nani (Anderson 75), Park, Saha (Ronaldo 69), Tevez (Rooney)


I'll keep this one short (no...really I will).

A combination of a bad stomachache and the fact that all the coffee shops around my area were showing the Arsenal-Villa game, resulted in Kentona and I making the short trip to Queens Country Club to catch the game mid-way thru. As a result, I completely missed Hargreaves' opener. So any help describing or providing a video would be welcomed. (Jiahao, I'm banking on you to produce the goods!)

I did, however, catch the second goal. I was a well worked goal with Saha, Nani, Scholes all involved before the ball was floated into the penalty area for Park to head. We weren't doing very much due to the huge gulf in class between the teams. In other words, it was relatively easy.

We even had the luxury of giving Fulham a huge amount of possession which probably wasn't a very smart thing to do. But like I mentioned, the gulf between the two teams is huge, and in the grander scheme of things, didn't really change the scoreline.

We even managed a third, when O'Shea forced an own goal from Simon Davies. We were simply the better team, even at half pace.

The good thing about Queens is that it usually shows two matches and I was busy turning around to catch glimpses of the Arsenal game. It, of course, helped that there was a really beautiful lady sitting in that general direction....ahm....

It's rather frustrating that Arsenal managed to equalize at the last second to pull one point ahead of us in the standing. I suppose from their point of view, it was more of two points lost than one gained. It can't be denied that Arsenal are crumbling fast before our very eyes and with 10 games to go, I'm really feeling good about our chances.

4 comments:

Gentleman said...

Alright, the stuffs are ready. Hop over to my blog. Sorry that I don't know how to link an URL in the comments box, if not it will actually save time for you.

Btw, my name is spelt wrongly =/

spectre said...

Paiseh paiseh. That's what happens when you never proof read!

I've edited the post. ;o)

Gentleman said...

Btw I'm quite curious over something. It seems to me that you often watch matches with Kentona outside. So I guess you don't have have the Cable TV subscriptions?

spectre said...

Nope. We gave starhub the middle finger quite sometime back.

Blog Archive