Monday, November 12, 2007

Ronaldo's 2 Minute Blitz (Manchester United 2 - Blackburn 0)

After a scathing report on Ronaldo the previous game, he decided to bring his A-game today. A brace in a space of 2 minutes by the Portuguese maestro, in the first half settled the game.

I caught this game with Kentona over at Cow's place and I was completely knocked out by the time I reached home. Hence this late report.

Blackburn gave a really good account of themselves, and were probably one of the toughest opponents we've faced at OT this season. Their form and record against the other top 3 opponents spoke for itself.

The game was pretty even with both sides coming close to scoring. But it was Ronaldo who scored twice in as many minutes, to put United in front. The first was a beautifully placed header from a Giggs corner in the 34th min. The second came shortly after when Tevez found Ronaldo on a counter attack.

Early in the second half, Blackburn were reduced to 10 men. Kentona, Cow and myself were expecting another round of goals, but it didn't materialize. Sparky's team had inherited his character and spirit. Even when down to 10, Blackburn didn't hang their heads down but continued fighting. Very simply put, this Blackburn team is really quite good.

Couple of additional notes:

- Evra seems to be getting better and better. He's defending is still abit dodgy, but his forward forays adequately makes up for it. There were many instances in this game where I thought he was an awesome winger.

- Owen Hargreaves is awesome. He seems to have formed a pretty solid partnership with Anderson, who is pretty damn good himself. I still don't like the price at which we got them, but I can't deny the quality that they bring.

- Giggs. Despite missing a couple of really good chances, he was really flying in this game. He would have been my man of the match had it not been for the next guy.......

- The guy who printed Bentley's jersey. He completely butchered 'Betnley's name on the back of the jersey and provided many hilarious moments while we were watching. Hell initially we though we all suffered from collective dyslexia!

3 comments:

Gentleman said...

Ronaldo's the boy! Actually I thought it was Tevez's mispass that gave Ronaldo the shot lol. It looked like Tevez was supposed to out boot pass to Saha instead haha. Anyway it was a nice g...name.

I always love to read your entries. keep it up Spectre! Better late than never. I also need to wait for the highlights to be uploaded before I post my entry, usually take a couple of days.

spectre said...

Thanks. Loved the highlights from your blog as well.

I thought that was a brilliant pass by Tevez. He looked up to assess his options and found Ronaldo with a flick from the outside of the right boot.

David Stefanini said...

Hi, I love how you are running this blog. I just started a blog of my own and I was wondering if you would like to do a link exchange with my site. My site can be found at:

Absolutesportsreport.blogspot.com

If you want to do this, just leave a comment on my site, on any post, and I’ll link you later that night.

Thanks,
Dave

Blog Archive