Sunday, April 30, 2006

Chelsea Champions (Chelsea 3 - Manchester United 0)

A pretty bad day all around. I got the timing of the game wrong and only managed to watch the 2nd half. Anyway it didn't really matter. We were 1-0 down at that time. Chelsea played well, and quite frankly were the better team. Their defense held and like everyone who faced them this season (barring Barcelona), we were unable to test them much.

I don't like to be the ones handing them the title. I wish and had thought we would have given a better account for ourselves. At least from what I saw, we tried our best. We were simply second best. Hopefully we'd go on and win the remaining 2 games and get that 2nd spot. And more importantly, we can now concentrate on building towards next season.

As long as Sugar Daddy is still with Chelsea, I doubt we can beat them, however I sure as hell hope we can give them a good run next season. I'm not being a defeatist, but being a realist. As long as Chelsea control the transfer markets, the other teams can only play second fiddle, or pick up the crumps left behind.

No comments:

Blog Archive